The LIBRARY is still open for the summer on the
- Second Tuesday of every month: 5 pm to 9 pm
- Second Thursday of every month: 10 am to 2 pm
- Second Saturday of every month: 10 am to 2 pm
- Fourth Thursday of every month: 10 am to 2 pm
See the days in calendar format at → CALENDAR OF EVENTS.
The next general meeting is September 27.
V o l u n t e e r s N e e d e d !
- Teams of volunteers needed for scanning, transcribing and indexing marriage records and certificates at the Maryland State Archives.
- One group will scan and save images to a computer.
- A second group of transcribers will index the records and create links to the images.
If you are interested in joining the scanning team contact Greg Burton at the following address → email@example.com
The transcribing & indexing teams will be organized by Ken and Elaine Zimmerman and you can contact them at the following address → firstname.lastname@example.org
(The image is courtesy http://www.vintagekin.com/)
For more information please select the following:
The Baltimore County Genealogical Society was founded in 1977 to help educate members in tracing their family ancestry, to collect and publish material related to genealogy, and to encourage the open exchange of genealogical ideas and experiences.
- We collect and maintain substantial materials for Baltimore city, the counties of Maryland, U.S. states and more.
- Our Library has computers connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- General meetings are held in our Library on the fourth Sunday of the months of September through June (except December), at our headquarters:
Parkville Senior Center
Room 308 (Elevator available)
8601 Harford Road
Parkville, Maryland 21234