October 23, 3 pm –The Irish Railroad Workers’ Museum
- Establishment of the Museum
- Description of our Museum’s mission and focus
- Genealogy activity of the Museum
- Museum’s research of the Feeley family: discoveries and results
- Family History of our visitors: Railroading and Irish emphases
- Q & A
About Luke McCusker
Luke F. McCusker is a Baltimore native, graduating from the University of Baltimore, B.A. History.
His passion for local and state history has grown during work experiences at the Historical Society of Baltimore County, Pratt Library’s Maryland Department and an internship at the Maryland State Archives.
Luke has been both a docent and published author with the Maryland Historical Society, and became Managing Director of the Irish Railroad Workers Museum in 2013.
For more information please visit → PROGRAM OF SPEAKERS
Library Open – Thursday, October 27
The Senior Center is closed on Thursday, October 27.
The BCGS library will be open from 10 am to 2 pm.
Enter the building through the GREEN DOOR by the parking lot. This is the usual entrance for Tuesday evenings and Saturdays.
For general directions please visit → LIBRARY DIRECTIONS
- We have created a Facebook groups page and it is open for anyone to join.
- Members can post messages.
- 195 members as of 15 OCTOBER 2016.
- The BCGS groups page is at → https://www.facebook.com/groups/BaltimoreGenealogy/
Our regular Facebook page will remain as a news feed.
For more information please select the following:
The Baltimore County Genealogical Society was founded in 1977 to help educate members in tracing their family ancestry, to collect and publish material related to genealogy, and to encourage the open exchange of genealogical ideas and experiences.
- We collect and maintain substantial materials for Baltimore city, the counties of Maryland, U.S. states and more.
- Our Library has computers connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- General meetings are held in our Library on the fourth Sunday of the months of September through June (except December), at our headquarters:
Parkville Senior Center
Room 308 (Elevator available)
8601 Harford Road
Parkville, Maryland 21234