Ancestors in the U. S. Military:
Online and in Military Archives.
Dr. Margaret McMahon
September 25, 3 pm
Learn how to use online resources to locate information about your ancestors’ US Military service.
The discussion will include information about how to use military archives in your research.
About Dr. McMahon
Margaret is the hockey-playing genealogist.
She has a PhD in Computer Science and Engineering, and with the advent of parenthood, she turned her technical talents to researching her family’s genealogy.
She has over twenty-five years of engineering experience, including being a college and graduate school professor.
She is an experienced presenter at national and international technical conferences
For more information please visit → PROGRAM OF SPEAKERS
- We have opened a Facebook groups page and it is open to anyone.
- Members can post messages
- 180 members as of 22 SEPTEMBER 2016.
- The BCGS groups page is at → https://www.facebook.com/groups/BaltimoreGenealogy/
- Our regular Facebook page, which will remain as a news feed.
For more information please select the following:
The Baltimore County Genealogical Society was founded in 1977 to help educate members in tracing their family ancestry, to collect and publish material related to genealogy, and to encourage the open exchange of genealogical ideas and experiences.
- We collect and maintain substantial materials for Baltimore city, the counties of Maryland, U.S. states and more.
- Our Library has computers connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- General meetings are held in our Library on the fourth Sunday of the months of September through June (except December), at our headquarters:
Parkville Senior Center
Room 308 (Elevator available)
8601 Harford Road
Parkville, Maryland 21234