All library research days are suspended until
the Parkville Senior Center reopens.
“Based on guidance from the State of Maryland, Baltimore County senior centers will be closed to the public starting Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice. County officials encourage individuals to coordinate with senior center staff to ensure they are prepared for the closure, and we encourage those individuals to call the Maryland Access Point hotline at 410-887-2594.”
New Maryland Death Indexes
The Maryland Archives added the 1973-2014 death index to the Guide to Government Records SE151 (http://guide.msa.maryland.gov/pages/series.aspx?ID=se151)
- 42 files – one for each year.
- We combined them into one searchable database.
- Our volunteers added over 100,000 names that were missing.
- The Baltimore city 1943-1949 death index is also included.
Our next step is transcribing the Baltimore City Death Index 1875 – 1972.
So far, we indexed 1904, 1915, 1918, 1919, 1926, 1928, 1929, 1932, 1937, and 1940.
These will be added to our online index in the future.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
Please contact us if you would like to transcribe portions of the index.
Substitute @ for the letters AT
There is a new page that displays handouts from BCGS speakers.
These are displayed with their permission.
For more information please select the following:
Donations are always appreciated!
- Select the “Donate” button.
- Select “Donate with Debit or Credit Card” button on the PayPal page.
The Baltimore County Genealogical Society was founded in 1977 to help educate members in tracing their family ancestry, to collect and publish material related to genealogy, and to encourage the open exchange of genealogical ideas and experiences.
- We collect and maintain substantial materials for Baltimore city, the counties of Maryland, U.S. states and more.
- Our Library has computers connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- General meetings are held in our Library on the fourth Sunday of the months of September through June (except December), at our headquarters:
Parkville Senior Center
Room 308 (Elevator available)
8601 Harford Road
Parkville, Maryland 21234
For more information select → CONTACT US
Over 4,000 books • Baltimore City and County, Maryland • Maryland Counties (800+ volumes) • U.S. States (700+ volumes) • Genealogies • Foreign and Immigration Research • Archival and Research Guides • Periodicals and Society Newsletters • Family Association Newsletters • Bible Records • Church Records • Cemetery Records • Tax Lists • Family Folders filed by Surname • Pedigree Charts • Microfilms • Microfiche • Maps • CD-Roms • Online Computers • Wi-Fi • Photocopiers
Web Manager: s conner
26 JUNE 2020