All publications are now discounted
10% discount for single volumes and
20% discount for sets
Please visit → PUBLICATIONS FOR SALE.
NoteBook Archive Addition
Up until now, the years 1977-2010 were available for online viewing. We have just added 2011 to the archive. The year is being indexed and will soon be searchable. You can search everything else on our site with the custom search box on any page.
Please visit → NOTEBOOK ARCHIVE.
Prepare Historic Documents for Digitization at the Maryland Archives
FamilySearch and the Maryland Archives are digitizing the Wills and Probate Records held in Annapolis. This project ensures that these vital records are preserved and the images are accessible by the public.
Volunteers are needed to prepare documents for imaging
- Work a 3-4 hour shift on a day of your choice: weekly, bi-weekly, monthly; flexible schedules Monday-Friday, between 8:30 – 4:30 at the Maryland Archives, 350 Rowe Blvd., Annapolis 21491
- Requirements include:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work closely and collaborate with other volunteers
- Desire to assist in preservation efforts
- Responsibilities include:
- Examining documents for conservation issues
- Unfolding and flattening documents for imaging
- Ensuring that documents are in camera-ready order
- Creating a name index to make these records name-searchable online
For more information or to volunteer, contact:
Carol Petranek, FamilySearch Volunteer Coordinator
email: email@example.com; phone: 301-572-4105
- We have opened a Facebook groups page. Membership is open to anyone.
- Members can post messages. This is more interactive than our regular Facebook page, which will remain as a news feed.
- 111 members as of 11 MAY 2016.
- The BCGS groups page is at → https://www.facebook.com/groups/BaltimoreGenealogy/
The Baltimore County Genealogical Society was founded in 1977 to help educate members in tracing their family ancestry, to collect and publish material related to genealogy, and to encourage the open exchange of genealogical ideas and experiences.
- We collect and maintain substantial materials for Baltimore city, the counties of Maryland, U.S. states and more.
- Our Library has computers connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- General meetings are held in our Library on the fourth Sunday of the months of September through June (except December), at our headquarters:
Parkville Senior Center
Room 308 (Elevator available)
8601 Harford Road
Parkville, Maryland 21234
For more information please select the following: