Our Library is open to the public.
W H E R E
Parkville Senior Center
3rd Floor, room 308 (Elevator Available)
8601 Harford Road
Parkville, Maryland 21234
For detailed directions and a map, select → PLANNING A VISIT.
W H E N
The BCGS Library is open on the
• Second Tuesday of every month: 5 pm to 9 pm
• Second Thursday of every month: 10 am to 2 pm
• Second Saturday of every month: 10 am to 2 pm
• Fourth Thursday of every month: 10 am to 2 pm
• Scheduled Sunday MEETING DATES: 12 noon to 2 pm
View in calendar format by selecting → EVENTS CALENDAR.
NOTE: The Library will be closed November 23, 2017
L I B R A R Y U S E R F E E
• $3.00 for non-members. FREE for members.
P H O T O C O P I E S
• $.25 per page (Digital images included)
• Limit of 25 pages per patron.
• Copies will be made by library staff.
P E N C I L S O N L Y
• Only pencils may be used in the Library.
• No food or beverages permitted in the Research Room.
L E N D I N G B O O K S
• Only members may borrow up to three books at a time and these MUST be returned within one month.
• No books are to be loaned through the mail.
• Sorry – Due to lack of resources, we cannot send copies of information to non-members.
D O N A T I O N S
• The BCGS library will accept donations of primarily Baltimore City and County material. Other Maryland related material may also be considered.
• To determine if items can be useful to our collection, please contact Lorraine Gordon (email – email@example.com) or Carol Porter (phone 410-665-8769). — Thank you!
H O L D I N G S
B O O K S
Over 4,000 books, arranged by subject categories:
• Baltimore City & County, Maryland
• Maryland Counties (800+ volumes)
• U.S. States (700+ volumes)
• Foreign & Immigration Research
• Archival and Research Guides
• Periodicals & Society Newsletters
• Family Association Newsletters
C H U R C H R E C O R D S – (02 SEPTEMBER 2017)
Select one of these links:
- COMPUTER FILES
The listings are being updated. Please notify us, if corrections are needed.
Special thanks to member Nancy Zellinger.
V E R T I C A L F I L E
Bible Records; church and cemetery records and information; tax lists; family folders filed by surname; and more.
S U R N A M E F I L E
Six boxes of card indexes to members’ pedigree charts.
D R . M I L L E R F I L E
Three boxes of card indexes to Baltimore County Parish Records and some court records for the 1600s and 1700s.
Almost exclusively northern Baltimore County Families, it spans an Obituary File with over ten thousand entries, twelve volumes of indexed family genealogies and marriage notices, burial locations and abstracts from city and county death certificates.”
T H E M A R T I N C O L L E C T I O N
Almost exclusively northern Baltimore County Families, it spans an Obituary File with over ten thousand entries, twelve volumes of indexed family genealogies and marriage notices, burial locations and abstracts from city and county death certificates.
M A P S
Baltimore County for 1877, 1882, 1915; Carroll County for 1917; early land owners and patents; Horvath maps; and more.
C O M P U T E R S
Internet and Wi-Fi.
Baltimore Passenger list index 1820-1872
C D – R O M s
More than 100 CD-ROMs that include Census Indexes 1790-1930, plus national 1880 Census; Index to Baltimore Passenger Lists 1820-1872; Baltimore Church Records; Holy Cross Cemetery; Virginia and Pennsylvania Family and Church Records; North Carolina Settlers and Wills; New York Families and Wills; some British Census and vital records; and more.
M I C R O F I L M
Baltimore City and County Census; 1890 Veterans Census Baltimore City and County; Baltimore County Wills 1666-1851 and 1892-1910; Baltimore County Administration Index 1674-1953
M I C R O F I C H E
LDS IGI for MD, DE, PA and VA; LDS Family History Catalog for Surname locality, subject; 1790 MD Census; 1870 Baltimore City and County Census Index; 1890 Veterans Census Index for MD, VA, WV; and more.