Using Land Records: Your Key to Unlocking Family History Puzzles
- Family history researchers use land records for many different aspects of their research.
- They can help you to find or prove relationships between ancestors, break through brick walls, or even to make it possible to find and visit an ancestor’s house or property.
- Join Maryland Department librarian Julie Saylor as she discusses how you can find and use this important resource.
For more information select → https://www.baltimoregenealogysociety.org/BCGShome/program-of-speakers/
Our speaker has allowed us to record her session. We will send a link to our members afterward.
Because we are using Zoom for our meeting, it is limited to 100 participants. There are a few spaces reserved for the speaker, the host and our officers so the first 95 members.
Thank you for your patience as we work through these new procedures for our meetings.
All library research days are suspended until
the Parkville Senior Center reopens.
“Based on guidance from the State of Maryland, Baltimore County senior centers will be closed to the public starting Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice. County officials encourage individuals to coordinate with senior center staff to ensure they are prepared for the closure, and we encourage those individuals to call the Maryland Access Point hotline at 410-887-2594.”
For more information please select the following:
Donations are always appreciated!
- Select the “Donate” button.
- Select “Donate with Debit or Credit Card” button on the PayPal page.
The Baltimore County Genealogical Society was founded in 1977 to help educate members in tracing their family ancestry, to collect and publish material related to genealogy, and to encourage the open exchange of genealogical ideas and experiences.
- We collect and maintain substantial materials for Baltimore city, the counties of Maryland, U.S. states and more.
- Our Library has computers connected to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- General meetings are held in our Library on the fourth Sunday of the months of September through June (except December), at our headquarters:
Parkville Senior Center
Room 308 (Elevator available)
8601 Harford Road
Parkville, Maryland 21234
For more information select → CONTACT US
Over 4,000 books • Baltimore City and County, Maryland • Maryland Counties (800+ volumes) • U.S. States (700+ volumes) • Genealogies • Foreign and Immigration Research • Archival and Research Guides • Periodicals and Society Newsletters • Family Association Newsletters • Bible Records • Church Records • Cemetery Records • Tax Lists • Family Folders filed by Surname • Pedigree Charts • Microfilms • Microfiche • Maps • CD-Roms • Online Computers • Wi-Fi • Photocopiers
Web Manager: s conner
06 APRIL 2021