Heimat Found: Researching in Germany
Once the German town of origin is identified, what are the next steps necessary to access the records?
This lecture will outline how to proceed with research in German records.
Debra A Hoffmann
Specializing in Maryland and German research, Debra A. Hoffman is a professional genealogist and owner of Hoffman Genealogical Services.
She earned a Professional Learning Certificate in Genealogical Studies (PLCGS)-German Records as well as a certificate in Family History from BYU.
Debra is the former Assistant Director of the Genealogical Institute on Federal Records.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
We will have regular library hours on our Sunday meeting.
Our speaker will appear in-person and will be available online via ZOOM.
Zoom Meeting Details
- The BCGS board has decided to regular hours October 24th and via Zoom.
- A link to the meeting will be emailed Monday, October 18.
- For those that cannot make the meeting or for those that find the meeting is full, will have the opportunity to view a recording of the live meeting hosted at your convenience.
- Everyone will be sent a link to the recording a few days after the meeting.
- Our speaker has graciously allowed us to record the live session.
- Thank you for your patience, until we resume live meetings.
GUESTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME AT OUR MEETINGS.
WEATHER RELATED CLOSINGS → VISIT THE BCGS HOME PAGE.
For detailed directions and a map, select → PLANNING A VISIT.
THE FOLLOWING TAKES PLACE ON MEETING DATES:
- The LIBRARY is open from 12 – 2 pm.
- The GENERAL MEETING followed by refreshments takes place from 2 – 3 pm.
- THE GUEST SPEAKER PRESENTS FROM 3 – 4 pm.
INTEREST GROUPS MEET IN THE CORRIDOR OUTSIDE OF THE LIBRARY:
- The EASTERN EUROPEAN INTEREST GROUP meets from 11:45 am – 1 pm.
- The COMPUTER INTEREST GROUP meets from 1 – 2 pm.
P R O G R A M O F S P E A K E R S
2 0 2 1
NOVEMBER 28, SUNDAY, 3 pm
JANUARY 23, SUNDAY, 12 – 4 pm
- Everyone is invited to use all of the research assets of our Library from 12:00 Noon until 4:00 PM.
- The Computer Genealogy Interest Group meets at 1 pm.
- We will be scanning Bibles and historical documents.
- Bring in what you have and copy it to digital media.
- Please bring a storage device to receive a copy of the scans.
(The image next to “Research Day” courtesy of http://www.vintagekin.com/)